The National Super Alliance Coalition through its lead counsel, Senator James Orengo presented to the court ‘major puzzle’ they came across that they claimed affected 5 million votes.
According to Orengo,
- There were 3,395 failed log in attempts while the access control list only provides for 341 users. In the same instance, 3,851 successful logs in attempts were made
- The KIEMS system gives read only authorizations and no deletion of files is granted but IEBC Chairman Wafula Chebukati’s account was used multiple times to transfer, delete and modify files. Their further audit revealed that Chebukati’s account had 9,934 transacton logs and was accessed using an unauthorized IP address. Some of the transactions the opposition brigade allege was carried out on Chebukati’s account include the deletion of Form 34 Bs for Jomvu and Bureti constituencies; and the transfer of the folder for Kisumu Central constituency
- Forms 34 A and Bs were uploaded to the servers from the constituency level instead of from the polling stations during and after the election. Apparently, there is no trace of data from polling stations, raising doubt if the data keyed in to the servers is actually from the stations.
- he opposition brigade found that there are no Form 34 Bs for a number of constituencies while in some, the forms were uploaded more than once.
- Between August 6 and 17, 277 users accessed the server yet data was supposed to be uploaded from each polling station. In other instances, one user accessed the server multiple times using several IP addresses.
- While the server only grants read only access, some constituency election coordinators managed to modify Forms 34B while on the server. The constituencies affected include Changamwe, Jomvu, Sotik and Kibwezi East.
- NASA’s audit claims that there were a number of illegal activities carried out by some accounts. They include 8,300 delete commands and 7,954 successful delete commands between August 8 and 17 at 1.19 PM.
- Further audit revealed that there were no security features on the Forms 34 B. No watermark or serialization. They found 31 forms with no serial numbers and 32 without any signatures from agents.
- Access was granted to strangers who were not identified by role and who were not defined in any access lists